Reduce Webflow Designer Lag on Windows 10 / Chromebook / OSX App - Load Webflow services from Local Drive so that Webflow Chrome is not a Ram hog.
Please make this, shut up and take my money.
A downloadable App will resolve the following issue
- Network based [timeout' violations causing webflow designer to LAG OUT
- Asset Manager is laggy when having dozens or hundreds of assets
- Page editing is laggy on more complex projects
- ***** Optimize Webflow for Hardware utilization outside browser dependency.
- ***** Intuitive as Google Adwords Editor + Photoshop
Benefit so of a Native local app
- ****** Faster Load Times
- Better Utilization of RAM (takes much less ram than Chrome/Sifari version of Webflow)
- Better Utilization of CPU (better processor optimization to reduce designer lag)
- Better Utilization of GPU (render page and assets faster, special power user usecases)
- Better Utilization of DISK (assets load faster, caching/temp becomes local)
- Better Utilization of NETWORK (Network IO based on user's personalized POST and SYNC settings)
A WebApp should be developed.
- Users download App to their local drive via Chrome Store (Chromebook), Windows 10 Store (Windows PC) or Apple Store.
- Users Launches Webflow App on native device (no more going to webflow.com)
- Webflow App Synchronized same exact functionality as Chrome webflow/designer webflow/editor and webflow/dashboard
- All major webflow components are downloaded to local drive for faster loading.
- 1-Click Update App now in settings for Windows Mac Chrome
- Designer Pitch-Zoom support on touch devices.
Must haves Webflow Native Desktop App.
- WEBFLOW APP SETTINGS
- - WEBFLOW Custom settings
- - - Low Power Mode (minimizes cpu load for users who want to save battery life, off by default)
- - - Low GPU Mode (disables any GPU acceleration, off by default)
- - - Cache/Temp Folder (Where on harddrive Webflow tamp/cache assets exist)
- ******- - Custom SYNC / POST Network Optimization Options
- Choose Your Login
- - Choose Your Project
- - - Choose DESIGNER, EDITOR, ASSET MANAGER, OR PROJECT SETTINGS
- Identical as Chrome Webflow designer
- *****Maximum Lag Optimization with DISK UTILIZATION, CPU UTILIZATION, GPU UTILIZATION, and NETWORK UTILIZATION
- Easy SYNC / POST
DESIGNER -> Preview Mode
- Preview mode allows multiple tabs
- Preview mode has Load as USER AGENT button (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Sifari, iOS, etc)
DESIGNER -> UTILIZATION
- CPU allows designer to run faster
- RAM take less ram than chrome native app
- GPU allows designs and assets to load faster
- DISK allows instant access to project assets (after sync)
- NETWORKING allows less dependency on networking to prevent timeout violations
- Special 'Editor Only' icon that can be shared with other peoples computers
- Identical Editor Experience as Browser
- Assets stored on local disk and server.
- Smart SYNC / POST - Active / Passive
ASSET MANAGER -> Detects differences of DISK vs NETWORK
- Easy list that instantly pulls up
- *** Shows LOCAL image size / date vs SERVER image size / date with a chooser >>>> Makes super easy to swap out dozens or hundreds of assets at the same time without breaking any of them. (For example All images run through image file-size compression)
- ***** Search CSS for asset
- *****Search HTML for asset
- ***** Search JS for asset
- Asset Data Table > Filename | SizeKB | Filename Date | Uploaded Date | Extension (jpn/png/svg/gif/etc)
- ***** Asset Filtering (example 'Show Assets on HOMEPAGE only' 'Exclude Assets on HOMEPAGE only' etc...
- Rename asset file can only be done ONLY with sync HTML/CSS/JS references
Please use similar POST and SYNC protocol/experience as Google AdWords Editor.