There are various other posts asking for specific rich text improvements, but frankly the whole editor needs a major upgrade. These are the key points to note:
- The only level of functionality that currently exists as an editor is two forms of basic bullet points, bold and italics.
- Copy and pasting from Microsoft Word, which is the most popular global word processing tool, both for the home user and more importantly by corporations, is a nightmare. I know it is easier to use Google Docs, but that is not the tool most people use!
- Subscript and superscript is required.
- The ability to insert a table is paramount.
- The levels of indentation and spacing for bullets and paragraphs is virtually non-existent and trying to get it right is a painful experience!
- The alignment of text, paragraphs and images with each other is also not user friendly.
- The ability to incorporate colours for specific words/ paragraphs straight from the editor would be great!
- The specific sizing of images from the editor would also be helpful.
There are so many other improvements that could be made. I do hope that this whole feature will be implemented as currently I and I am sure many other heavy users of the CMS editor, are wasting HUGE amounts of time implementing the info and getting it right.
I know some of the above has been requested elsewhere on the Wishlist, but really they should all be merged together, perhaps into this post.